The chapel as seen today was redecorated by the Seventh Earl Spencer who removed all trace of the mid-Victorian restoration, but the Charles II cornice is original.

The heraldic stained glass reset in the windows and dated 1588 is from the early Spencer property at Wormleighton in Warwickshire.

It remains a functioning place of worship today. Six of the current Earl’s children were Christened here and the chapel is still used by the family for special occasions.

Other Rooms of Interest